Do you think while you trade? Of course everyone thinks while trading but what kind of feelings arise when you make a trade?
- If your profitable in a day of trading you fear to lose a portion of the profits you made.
- A series of wins make you think that you have cracked it and you found the holy grail. You are invincible.
- You doubt your skills & the market when you lose.
- You want to take riskier trades when you lose and desperately want to atleast break-even.
- Anxiety kicks in when you need money for your needs.
- You always relates your success and failure with your profits. You have a lingering feeling that people around you will judge you with profit and losses.
- You try to start a system in your trading and after sometime you lose it.
This list is endless and so are the thoughts, but why do you get these thoughts? Where do they come from? Are they real or fake?
Thinking is an integral part of one’s life and we can’t just avoid it. So let’s not go overboard and deal with these thoughts in a better way.
Think about your day today .. Think about how many things you have done consciously and how many things we do unconsciously .. For example .. You brush after you wake up, you take a bath, eat breakfast, you go to work, finish work, come back home, watch television, have dinner and sleep .. Out of all this which of these things do you do consciously ? Everything has just become unconscious hasn’t it ?
What do I mean by all this is, only 20-25% of the activities one does everyday is conscious .. And this is where everything lies, if you are conscious about your thoughts will you ever think any of these thoughts when you know they are not right?
The thoughts are nothing but the impression of information available to you and you process it the way your mind feels appropriate or logical. What is your mind really thinking when having such thoughts?
- If your profitable you fear to lose a portion of the profits you made? – Your Conscious Mind says I should trail my Stop loss to save my profits from this trade.
- A Series of wins make you think you have cracked it, you found the holy grail? You are invincible? – Markets are supreme and I should always respect the risk associated with the market.
- You doubt your skills and the market when you lose ? Profit and losses are part of the system it has nothing to do with my ability.
- Do you take more risky trades when you lose and desperately want to breakeven? – If I risk more I might lose my capital and hence I will be out of the game. I should rather stick to my risk and plan my recovery.
- Anxiety kicks in when you need money for your needs? – Always trade with spare money.
- You always relate your success and failure with your profits? Feel like people around you will judge you with profit and losses? – Profits are outcomes to setups which I use in the market and it is relative to my setup only.
- You always try to start a system in your trading and after sometime you lose it? – It’s important to stick to your process and activities for consistent profit from the market.
How will you feel when you address your thoughts with a conscious mind? It’s so simple and easy for coping yet, it doesn’t always happen that way – WHY?
I always tell my students ” Learn to Respond and not React to the market”. When you can do that you are a pro trader.
Here at Aarya consulting we are more focused on building your conscious level in order for you to trade better and in turn live life better .. A Trader .. Within !!! is designed for you to develop more. Your internal world of trading falls into place automatically and so does your life.
We have designed a meditation process around activities that build your trading consciousness to help you better trade and become a consistent profitable trader!! Happy trading.